HENDERSON, Ky. -- Free Tax Preparation starts Saturday, Jan. 28, at Housing Authority of Henderson.
Saturday hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program has also extended its afternoon hours during the week. The tax preparation site, located at 111 S. Adams St., is open Monday and Tuesday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
What to Bring to Your Local VITA Site
· Proof of identification (photo ID)
· Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
· Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
Wage and earningFree Tax Preparation starts in Henderson starts Saturday, Jan. 28, at Housing Authority of Henderson.
· statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
· Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
· All Forms 1095, Health Insurance Statements
· Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
· A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
· Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
· Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number
· Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements