The Public Works Department consists of seven divisions. They are Traffic Control, Public Way Improvement (PWI or Street Department), Sanitation Collection, Sanitation Disposal, Transfer Station, Central Garage, and Municipal Facilities.
Their functions are to help provide the highest quality of public services for enhancing the quality of life for all city residents. The department will effectively and efficiently maintain the streets, provide garbage collection and disposal, maintain all city rolling stock, and maintain all of the city’s buildings and other structures, all while providing excellent customer service.
Report a Problem
Issues to Report
To report a problem such as:
- Garbage misses
- Brush or large item pick-ups
- Dead animals
- Downed street signs (street name sign, stop sign, etc.)
- Ph: (270) 831-1234 Hours:
- 1131 Fifth St. Monday-Friday
- Henderson, KY 42420 7:00 to 4:00 pm
The office is closed from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm for lunch
- Ph: (270) 826-1067 Hours:
- 790 Wolfs Hill Road Monday-Friday
- Henderson, KY 42420 7:00 to 3:30 pm
- Please arrive in time to unload and exit the landfill by 3:30 p.m.